Aileron rims feature a disc specific elliptical profile designed with aerodynamics and weight as key factors. Specifically tuned to be aerodynamically paired with 23-28c road tires, though a 20mm inner width compliments even the most voluminous gravel and ‘cross tires.
WHY BUY YOUR VELOCITY WHEELS FROM BIKEMANIA?
1. We do NOT sell pre-built wheels.
2. We do NOT sell machine built wheels.
3. We do NOT substitute parts from other manufacturers - Velocity Rims / Velocity Hubs.
4. All wheels are built to order by a velocity Master Wheel Builder - then shipped to BikeMania - we in turn inspect them, then ship the wheels to you.
Yes - the process takes more time - but you get a set of wheels you can trust were built to Velocity's demanding standards.
If you are looking for a SPECIAL BUILD or COLORS WE DO NOT LIST, please call our Customer Service Team at 201-775-4274 and we will be pleased to add them to the options list for you
U.S. BUILD - All American made Parts
Industry Nine's Torch Classic CX Disc Rear Hub features a 60 point, 6 degree of engagement 3 pawl drive system
Spokes: 28 DT Competition Double Butted Front and Rear
Lacing Pattern: 2x
* Wheel based upon strongest geometrical pattern - not on any historic superstition of more crosses being stronger…that idea came about because higher spoke count wheels simply require more crosses in the pattern and so more crosses became synonymous with strength, when really the driver of strength is spoke count
Tubeless ready using 24mm Velotape.
Tight tolerances require the use of a low profile rim tape like Velotape to avoid tire installation issues.
Veloplugs are not recommended on Aileron rims.
Industry Nine's Torch Classic CX Disc Front Hub converts between:
9mm quick release
9mm / 15mm thru-axle
One configuration included per wheelset, conversion parts available seperately
Industry Nine's Torch Classic CX Disc Rear Hub features a 60 point, 6 degree of engagement 3 pawl drive system & converts between:
9/10/11 speed Shimano, SRAM, or Campagnolo drivetrains
135mm quick release, 135x10mm, or 142x12mm axle standards
One configuration included per wheelset, conversion parts available separately